- Starting point: Smaragdbahn mountain station at 2,100 metres above sea level
- Descent: 1,300 metres elevation drop in 30 to 50 minutes
- Length: 14 kilometres
- Directions from Neukirchen: take the Wildkogelbahn to the ski resort and walk ten minutes to the starting point
- Night-time tobogganing: only via the Smaragdbahn in Bramberg with direct access from the resort
A family holiday full of adventures in Salzburg Land
The Wildkogel Resorts are the perfect place to base yourself for a family holiday to remember. Enjoy spacious, modern apartments with enough room for every family member to spread out. You will find that our self-catering holiday homes provide the perfect balance between flexibility and service. Our range of included services ensures that you and your children are in the best hands, and can choose from many additional services bookable at your leisure. Take advantage of the prime location and venture out into the Oberpinzgau region. Here, you are in reach of some of the best adventures the Alps have on offer. Perfect for lasting memories with all the family!
For families staying at the Wildkogel Resorts
- Spacious, modern apartments with balcony, flatscreen TV and Wi-Fi
- Bread roll delivery for a family breakfast at the apartment
- Restaurant breakfast and dinner options
- Exclusive spa access
- Ski-in and ski-out location at the mountain lift
- Direct access to the ski resort and a vast network of hiking paths
- Wonderful opportunities to get active in nature beginning on the doorstep of the resort
- Exclusive benefits of the National Park Summercard
For a fun time in the Oberpinzgau region
Family highlights in Bramberg and Neukirchen
- Mountain go-kart racing in the Wildkogel Arena
- Panorama trails and sliding fun
- Wooden playground at the Kogel-Mogel Adventure Arena
- Wildkogel activities including family hikes, zip line adventures, high ropes course action, via ferratas, canyoning, tubing, rafting, archery and much more
Family adventures in picturesque landscapes
The wild nature and idyllic landscape of the Hohe Tauern holiday region guarantee a time to remember for both you and your kids. The local tourism associations offer a great range of activities for young tourists, including everything from guided excursions to pony trekking and bread baking. Discover many themed walks and the Krimml Worlds of Water for some more quality family time.
And more to explore at the Mittersill National Park Centre
The Hohe Tauern National Park Centre in Mittersill is one of the most popular attractions in the region, providing interesting insights into the national park’s fauna and flora for both the parents and kids. Enjoy a breath-taking exhibition and learn more about this fascinating place.
The modern installation of the Krimml Worlds of Water are your point of departure for hikes to the Krimml waterfalls. It provides innovative edutainment and encourages active participation and a playful approach to learning something new. The highlights include:
- Panoramic terrace
In the Hohe Tauern National Park
- Ferleiten wildlife park at the Grossglockner High Alpine Road, with over 200 animals native to the Alpine mountains
- Panning for gold in the Raurisertal and learning how to dig for gold in the Tauern region
- National park workshop at Hollersbach, teaching you how to churn butter and read tracks in the park
Mountains, lakes and time to play
No summer holiday in Austria would be complete without a visit to one of the fantastic, crystal clear lakes nestling between the spectacular mountains. Zeller See lake is known for its excellent water quality and it has some great lidos for families with kids. They have their own children’s pools, sports pools, slides, diving platforms and more:
- Zell am See lido
- Thumersbach lido
- Schüttdorf lido
Most of the local lidos also offer a range of equipment to rent, including trendy stand-up paddle boards, wind surfing equipment and kayaks that you can use to explore some beautiful lakeside spots.
Summer tobogganing in the Pinzgau region
The expansive holiday region stretching from Zell am See to Kaprun allows for toboggan fun all year long. Enjoy plenty of winter toboggan runs during the colder season and don’t miss out on our year-round Maisiflitzer. This summer toboggan run is located at the Maiskogel in Kaprun and adjacent to a whole family and leisure paradise. Fasten the seatbelt and prepare for a rollercoaster ride on this “Alpine coaster”. Many twists and turns will get your heart racing and the adrenaline flowing. Before you even know it, you’ll be back safely at the bottom of the valley. If you’re looking for more crazy adventures, you should also try the summer tobbogan run of Biberg, Saalfelden, that will keep you and your kids entertained with 63 turns and a length of 1.6 kilometres in total.
The longest, illuminated toboggan run in the world
If you stay with us in Bramberg am Wildkogel, you reside only a short distance from the world’s longest toboggan run, illuminated until 22:00 for night-time tobogganing fun. Enjoy 14 kilometres of sledding amid the Wildkogel Arena. Our resorts are located right next to the bottom of the Smaragdbahn lift. This gondola will take you to 2,100 metres above sea level in no time. This is where your toboggan adventure starts – a must that makes any family trip unforgettable.
At the Wildkogel Arena and nearby
- Stockenbaum natural toboggan run (5km): from the Wildkogelbahn middle station to the Stockenbaum restaurant
- Neuhaushof natural toboggan run (3km): from the Smaragdbahn middle station to the Neuhaushof restaurant
- Kühnreit toboggan run (approx. 1.5km): at the Neukirchen town centre, illuminated until 21:00
- Berghof natural toboggan run (2.5km): in Hollersbach, illuminated at night
At the family-friendly Wildkogel Arena
The family-friendly Wildkogel Arena, combining the slopes of the Neukirchen and Bramberg areas, is located only a stone’s throw from your holiday home. The easy slopes and beginner lifts ensure a hassle-free experience for all the family – and a bunch of happy memories. Plenty of snow attractions for young skiers make this area the perfect venue for a ski adventure with your family, especially if you or your kids are just learning the ropes of skiing.
- 75 piste kilometres
- 19 modern lift facilities
- Guaranteed snow from December to Easter
- Kogel-Mogel Adventure Area with an easy-to-use lift for beginners, fabulous learning facilities and a children’s restaurant
- Ski schools in Neukirchen and Bramberg with professional instruction
Freestyle playground for adrenaline-seekers
Check out the top-notch features of the Kitzbühel Snowpark and impress your viewers with some stylish jumps. Loads of cool kickers, jibs and rails await at the park right next to the Hanglalm hut. We constantly switch out features and move around jumps, ensuring that the set-up never gets boring – not even for the local shred community.
Race course, snow parks and coaster attraction
The Zillertal Arena is a children’s paradise with eleven ski and snowboard schools, three race courses perfect for family races and many small but excellent snow parks. Perform some tricks at the Arena Snowpark and get the adrenaline pumping on the halfpipe, if you dare. The Kreuzwiese Actionpark in Zell and the Hochkrimml Funpark promise even more action. If that’s still not enough to satiate your hunger for adventure, the Arena Coaster is waiting to provide some toboggan fun at the bottom station of the resort.
Salzburg family vacation
Our self-serviced family apartments are the perfect base to treat your family to some downtime amid the fascinating natural scenery of the Austrian Alps. There is plenty of rest and recreation, with a lot of hidden gems and natural treasures to be discovered off the beaten track. The region is also home to a great variety of activities, ensuring that your holiday with the kids will never get boring. A trip to the city of Salzburg should also be on your agenda. The historic city centre has many cultural sights to offer. Seize the opportunity and go exploring together.